Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

A Sentence to Make Mom Proud

With Mother’s day just passing and my recent obsession to write for Hallmark, I have created my first greeting card. My guess is that you will see this in card stores by next year


Moments after taking my multi nutrient vitamin with a glass of skim milk from a carton that had weeks before expiration because I know to purchase ones from the back of the deli fridge, I was in the bathroom flossing my teeth removing leftover residue from a piece of fruit I’d eaten when I remembered I didn’t resume cleaning under the radiators of my apartment after I took a break to call grandma to see if she got the flowers I sent her, so I rushed out of the lavatory to grab the duster but on the way to the linen closet I spotted my sister at the front door dropping off a thank you note to me for hanging a new spice rack in her kitchen since she believed I wouldn’t be home for a hug because I’m usually at the orphanage reading fairy tales to under privileged children at this hour, however I explained I couldn’t leave because the church was coming by to pick up some clothes I was donating that became loose fitting from the exercise I was doing so I was trapped at home but was going to make the best of the situation by baking the greatest cake ever for my mom, Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment