Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Strengths and Weaknesses




There are billions of people in this world but I guarantee that none of them are perfect. Everyone has places they shine, but no one is immune from moments they are dim. Sure, Superman excels in almost every aspect but if you were searching for a camping companion on Mount Kryptonite, he’d be a poor option.

With that being said, I have decided to summarize my strengths and weaknesses to showcase to the world. It’s unfeasible to be successful in every facet of life so I won’t bother trying. Instead, I’m going to publicize my assets and liabilities to inform people of my limitations. This will guide everyone to draw from my expertise and avoid my deficiencies.

For instance, if you desired driving directions more precise then “the freeway is about 5 songs south of here” or a proof reader to check the grammar on you’re résumé, then you’d already know to bypass any of my input. Conversely, if you desired an innovative excuse for a late arrival to the office like “was sidetracked rescuing cute bunnies drowning in the lake” or were doing some Autumn cleaning that required recycling leftover summer ales to clear room for Octoberfest and pumpkin lagers, I’d be the candidate that pops into your head. 

The goal of promoting this list is to confine the expectations held of me. The last thing I want to do is to let anyone down or be misleading. Placing my capabilities in stone will prevent people from assuming that I can aid with something I’m unsuited for. If a friend needed immediate assistance in erecting a shelf on their dining room wall, I’d oblige out of guilt, but the safety of any delicates placed on it would be in jeopardy.

Having an over-fixation on becoming perfect will only result in getting caught hiding weaknesses. That leads to frustrated situations where all parties result in being disappointed. Accepting my failures as a lost cause will guide all attention towards my successes. That will increase positive outcomes as well as smiles all around. Let me stick to my strengths in order to do my part in making the world a flawless place. 

Now without any further delay, here are my strengths and weaknesses:


Strengths 
-Ability to overstand situations
-Remember things the way I want to
-Have an unnatural talent to fall asleep upon command
-Accurately estimate when the headliner will go on stage at a concert
-Am able to compare apples to oranges
-Never worry about something again if told to “never mind”
-Mow my name in script
-Show great enthusiasm towards people’s ideas if I don’t have to do anything
-Bounce back from being told “shut up” very easily
-Am capable of rolling the “R” in any word regardless if it has an “R”
-An asset to help recycle leftover unopened beers from parties
-Can predict the quality of a film based solely on a preview
-Available to take anyone's last minute free extra hockey tickets
-Cheer up pessimists and crush the spirit of optimists
-Answer questions nobody asked
-Can judge a book by cover
 Weaknesses 
-Announce my weaknesses with no intention of improving them
-Poorly reseal open bags of chips or pretzels
-Rarely offer solutions that rely on  sense
-Provide directions that only lead to the vicinity of a destination instead of exactly
-Unable to mentally vision square feet
-Can’t resist the urge to juggle if oranges are spotted
-Confuse Spades and Clubs in poker
-Often shift the blame of my mistakes to inanimate objects or the coworker on maternity
-Forget to account for the weather when dressing in the morning
-Can't write script and don't believe in “tenses”
-Weak sense of smell that is even sometimes wrong
-Can't unlock fences that protect children from falling down stairs
-Tendency to mumble and fail to repeat  louder when asked "What did you say?"
-Distracted too easily by shiny objects and cleavage
-Never execute ideas
-Lose focus in between putting on socks

4 comments:

  1. This just made my day.... You are too funny:) If I'm ever tasked with comparing apples and oranges, you will be my first phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will help you reseal pretzels...especially after we throw them at people

    ReplyDelete
  3. was the incorrect "your" intentional?: check the grammar on you’re résumé

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, I am excited that you picked that up! Any ideas of how to translate that joke if I make an audio version of this? haha

      Delete