Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Top Dozen Bad Halloween Costumes

So the actual goal for this blog was to tell an office story. One that catalogues the many weeks worth of labor I put in convincing new employees that everyone dresses up for Halloween. I start by giving them fictitious examples of previous year’s costumes such as vampires, ninjas and the CEO if he were drunk and homeless. I add how the grand prize winner gets a paid vacation to Northern Iowa and the runner up gets to be boss for a day.

Next when there is still some lingering doubt, I'll state the entire building wears elaborate well thought out costumes that they kept secret for months and they should feel lucky that I am warning them in advance. I’ll follow with that there is an unwritten rule that anyone caught without costume is given detrimental marks in the "Leadership" and "Compliance" categories from upper management on their annual review. Basically I make it sound like if you want to climb the corporate ladder at this office, you are going to have to wear some face paint or put on some spandex.

When the holiday finally arrives, a few rookie employees are the only ones dressed in costume and bags packed for Iowa. A laugh is shared by all and avoiding my business duties for a month pays off.

Alas, once again this year, my prank was a failure since everyone is dressed in the normal business attire and it's business as usual. Instead, I will now just provide this list of terrible Halloween costumes




I-The Visible Man
II-The Equator (a shirt with a horizontal line circling it)
III-Bob from Accounting
IV-Computer Graphic (stay home and visit people through an internet camera)
V-Non-Alcoholic Beer Drinker
VI-Twin Brother that wears a hat
VII-Green (wear only green)
VIII-Fake accent or talk in 3rd person
IX-Change direction of part in your hair
X-Half Man, Half Man
XI-You (just walk around with a big mirror)
XII-Brett Favre or his penis

No comments:

Post a Comment